Summer's Top Color and Decor Trends
To inspire homeowners to bring the season's latest trends into their homes, Ace's Design Experts recommend the following décor tips to pair alongside their fresh summer color selections:
- Look for unique geometric prints or patterns and utilize them in your décor whenever possible. Try them on fabrics, rugs and tiles for a fun update to any room.
- This summer, go matte when it comes to things like glass, tile, wood flooring, countertops, cabinets and natural woods. This modern finish is in full force and applies to elements that would normally have a polished or glossy finish.
- Refresh old bedding with a simple duvet and shams in a crisp, clean white for summer. Add a pop of color with accent pillows and a brightly colored quilt or throw that can be changed out easily and regularly.
- Replace traditional blinds with simple drapery panels, fabric roman or woven wood shades to bring natural light and a modern feel into a space.
- From chair frames to wood flooring, natural toned woods are gaining popularity this season—it's no longer just for rustic or reclaimed furniture. Use this wood for a more contemporary, on-trend look.
- A bold patterned rug can anchor a room and pull together any color palette. Stick to solid shades for the rest of the room and tie it all together by pulling from the colors found in the rug.